Terms & Conditions
Contractor: Kingshill tree and garden services Ltd, including all staff employed directly and indirectly by the company.
Client – the individual or company that commissions works and accepts a quotation.
Quotation – written description of works, costs, site address and client details.
Contract – The agreement between the client and the contractor for the works specified on the quotation.
Works – arboricultural practices that comply with British Standard 3998.
- All quotations are valid for three months only.
- VAT will be charged at the current rate and will be displayed on all quotations and invoices.
- All quotes are without obligation.
- By accepting any quotations, either in writing or verbally, the client enters into a contract with the contractor to complete the agreed works.
- The contractor commits to completing all works to British Standard 3998 and to also leave all work sites clean and tidy although given the nature of the work some damage, in some circumstances, may be inevitable and unavoidable.
- The client accepts these terms and conditions by accepting a quotation and therefore commissioning works.
- 1. The contractor will exercise their statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the Late Payment legislation if the client does not make a payment according to the terms agreed on the quotation. Payment must be made to the contractor as soon as the contractor has finished the job. The job is complete when the contractor has completed the tasks to their best ability and therefore the client will be liable to pay the full amount stated on the invoice/quote without dispute.
- The contractor operates a "Payment on receipt" policy which states that payment must be made on completion of the contractors services, if payment is not made immediately after the contractor has finished the job (unless other terms have been agreed in writing before the job) , then a new invoice will be created including compensation and interest charges, This compensation (called a ‘debt recovery cost’) will be added to the final sum. If no payment is made within seven days then legal procedings will commence.
- The client is responsible for informing neighbours of proposed works to trees overhanging the client’s boundary and is responsible for any claims resulting from such works.
- The contractor is not responsible for any damage to underground services and cables.
- In the event that damage to property occurs through negligence or substandard practices by the contractor, the contractor will accept responsibility.
- The contractor is responsible for obtaining all relevant council permissions for works. In the event that the client cancels a contract after the planning application has been submitted, the client will incur a charge of £60+VAT.
- The contractor does not take responsibility for providing relevant parking permits for any controlled parking zones, where a pay and display bay is not available within a suitable distance from the work site. The client is responsible for the cost of any parking fines where a parking permit is not provided and an alternative space is not available.
- The contractor is not responsible for any damage to property that may arise from working in adverse weather conditions.
- The client is responsible for informing the contractor of any changes to the site from the time of quotation that may affect the planned processes. The contractor reserves the right to amend or annul the contract as a result of site changes.
- The contractor has the right to subcontract all or part of the commissioned works but will still be subject to these terms and conditions.
- The client is responsible for providing copies of any permissions obtained by the client relating to proposed works on restricted trees before the commencement of works.
- The client is responsible for making arrangements with their tenants regarding providing access for the contractor. If a tenant or third party is not available to provide access as and when agreed, the client may incur a charge of 50% of the value of the proposed works.
- 1. Please be advised that cancellations made up to 48 hours before a scheduled job via email, text or phone call will be processed without a penalty. Cancellations made 48 hours or less before a job will be subject to a charge to reimburse us for any losses and admin charges apply. This includes jobs where contractors are unable to access the site(clients property), are turned away, or the client is unavailable. If we the contractor cancels the job with less than 48 hours' notice, a new date will be scheduled without penalty to the client or contractor, subject to availability